Electric Sheep is one of the five sims in Burn2 this year. The following are a few builds I’ve photographed. There’s a lot more there to see than just these!
- I, Robot Main Stage http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning%20Man-%20Electric%20Sheep/168/125/25
One of the official Burn2 stages where you can dance and catch performances. Check the Burn2 event calendar at http://www.burn2.org/calendar
2. R.U.R – Rossum’s Universal Robots by Vian Magic http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning%20Man-%20Electric%20Sheep/78/74/26
This build is based on a 1920 Czech play, Rossum’s Universal Robots, in which the word “robot” was first used (although in today’s terms, they were more like androids). In the play, a factory creates synthetic humans who at first work for real humans, but end up rebelling and wiping out humanity. You can read about R.U.R. in Wikipedia and you can read the entire play on the University of Adelaide website.
In Vian’s Burn2 build, Robots visit a Robot Museum to learn their origins.
3. Grand Piano with Music Notes by Fuschia Nightfire (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning Man- Electric Sheep/150/110/25
A large, crystalline-seeming grand piano, with keys flowing off to the sides and musical notes hovering above.
4. Maxie Halpern Memorial by Pianoman (p1an0man) and Daark Gothly http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning Man- Electric Sheep/37/106/25
A memorial to Maxie Halpern, who died on July 8, 2018.
5. Lost in Space by Lillith Loneraven (lillithslair) http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning Man- Electric Sheep/187/71/25
An extremely ambitious build that may be confusing for some. You can find yourself in interesting, beautiful spaces, you can find hidden free gifts, or you may find yourself just lost in space. This photo is of a beautiful planet I found on one visit, but never was able to find again.
There’s a lot more to see, so come and explore.